The Artemis House receives generous donations from individuals and businesses in our communities. Your donations directly benefit families at the shelter who are experiencing homelessness due to domestic violence and/or sexual assault. Donations are an important boost to our services and programs and significantly reduce the cost of operating out shelter.
Update: April 2, 2019
Very high need:
- diapers, size 5 and 6
- baby wipes (preferred unscented)
- garbage bags - 13 gallon size
Always in need:
- liquid laundry soap - must be high efficiency or marked "HE"
- non-bleach cleaning supplies such as Mr. Clean, Pine Sol or multi-purpose cleaning concentrate
- 13 gallon size trash bags
- toilet paper and paper towels
- diapers - especially size 5 and 6
- laundry baskets
- large tubs for storage (any size is appreciated - standard size is about 18 gallon)
- slow cookers/crock pots
- flowers for outside planters
- vacuum cleaner
- Large furniture items (dressers, beds, couches, etc)
- Large amounts of clothing
- Large amounts of stuffed animals and toys
Nonperishable food items, laundry/household cleaning items, paper products, diapers and personal care items are always in need. Coordinating a donation drive with an office, church group, or club is a great way to support our mission. Donations drives are appreciated at anytime of the year - not just at the holidays! Contact Danielle at 605 642-7825 to see if there are specific needs and coordinate a drive.
Questions about donations? Please contact our Shelter Advocate, Danielle at 605 642-7825 or email to email@example.com