The Artemis House receives generous donations from individuals and businesses in our communities. Your donations directly benefit families at the shelter who are experiencing homelessness due to domestic violence and/or sexual assault. Donations are an important boost to our services and programs and significantly reduce the cost of operating out shelter.
Click here to make an online donation
Checks can be made payable to "Victims of Violence Intervention Program, Inc." and sent to PO Box 486 Spearfish SD 57783
Update: August 2, 2019
Very high need:
- diapers, size 5 and 6
- baby wipes (preferred unscented)
- garbage bags - 13 gallon size
Always in need:
- liquid laundry soap - must be high efficiency or marked "HE"
- non-bleach cleaning supplies such as Mr. Clean, Pine Sol or multi-purpose cleaning concentrate
- 13 gallon size trash bags
- toilet paper and paper towels
- diapers - especially size 5 and 6
- laundry baskets
- large tubs for storage (any size is appreciated - standard size is about 18 gallon)
- slow cookers/crock pots
- flowers for outside planters
- vacuum cleaner
- Large furniture items (dressers, beds, couches, etc)
- Large amounts of clothing
- Large amounts of stuffed animals and toys
Nonperishable food items, laundry/household cleaning items, paper products, diapers and personal care items are always in need. Coordinating a donation drive with an office, church group, or club is a great way to support our mission. Donations drives are appreciated at anytime of the year - not just at the holidays! Contact Tanner at 605 642-7825 to see if there are specific needs and coordinate a drive.
Questions about donations? Please contact our Shelter Advocate, Tanner at 605 642-7825 or email to Tanner@artemishouse.org